Hey BMG members!
Hope you had an amazing July 4th!
If you live in another country, do you have an Independence day you celebrate? What are some of your traditions? I would love for you to share so we can show our support and appreciation for you and yours!
July 4th where I live was and is a HUGE deal. I live in Williamsburg, VA... the birthplace of America... Jamestown, Yorktown and Williamsburg, the Triad of America's start... So yeah, not only are we a tourist town (that means we have to leave 30 minutes earlier than most to accommodate the tourist traffic that is here 365 days a year) but summer is especially difficult to navigate. But I love it!
Why? Becasue our entire "downtown" is a living museum dedicated to history, learning, sharing, exploring. It's really an amazing place and I truly love it's architecture, beauty, history and the stories that come from here. (Boy are there stories! From Ghost Walks to Presidents and everything - literally everything - in between,)
It's also a great place for great food. Traditional recipes abound and cooking a traditional 1776 feast is something I've always wanted to do! So, yeah, no. It didn't happen this year either. Can I just tell you exhaustion set in and well, nope. But I did get to watch an amazing Drone and Firework display on PBS live from Williamsburg on the Presidents Green! The program celebrating 250 years was great too! So varied with some great performers!
So share! What were your plans? Did you actually get to do that or did you have to pivot?
Monday, July 6, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday Check-In: Welcome to the Weekend A Note from Lissa: There’s something about Friday, isn’t there? Maybe your week flew by. Maybe it ...
-
Hello Friends! 🍋 Sunday Welcome Home How is your summer going? I hope well and you're enjoying your time! Summer is a great time for...
-
Welcome! If we haven't met yet, welcome! My name is Lissa Ballard, creator of Club BMG ! So glad you're here! A little about me.....
-
🏡 Welcome Home, August 2026 Refresh • Reset • Soak Up Summer 🌻 Welcome Home A Letter from Lissa Hello ClubBMG! Welcome to August! Au...
No comments:
Post a Comment